Many homeowners like to keep things clean and tidy around their homes because taking care of your home now can pay off big in the long run. One aspect of many cleaning and maintenance regimens that often goes neglected is air duct cleaning. Air duct cleaning is easy to look over as the ducts are hidden within the home and not seen on a daily basis. You could have a potential buildup of many kinds of lurking particles, including dust, mold, dust mites, fur, dander, and chemicals. Duct cleaning has many potential benefits. Consider the following reasons you should look into duct cleaning for your home.
- Allergy symptom reduction. If you use your AC year-round, it’s important to remember that air is circulating through your air vents multiple times per day. As this air passes from the vents and into the rooms of your home, it is carrying any number of the particles that have been collecting and building up within the ducts of your home. Often, these particles are common triggers for those with allergies. Getting duct cleaning done can help to reduce allergy symptoms and flares for you or your family members.
- Air vents blowing dust. Maybe you’ve been noticing dust blowing into a room from an air vent. One explanation for this is that the particle and dust build up within your air ducts has become quite large. Each starting up of the AC brings a sudden increase in air flow through the vents, and with that gust, a disruption to the dust collection that has become visible. Seeing this should prompt professional evaluation for duct cleaning.
- Recent remodeling. Had a recent remodel done in your home? After the dust has settled from the work being done, it’s important to realize that the dust can also be settling down into your air vents.
- Pet dander and fur. Anyone who is a pet owner knows that pet fur has a way of finding its way into every nook and cranny of your home. Your air ducts are no different. Too much fur can collect within the ducts and compromise the overall efficiency of your AC.
- Older homes. If you live in a home that is older than 10 years, it’s worth considering a duct cleaning. If you are unsure if previous owners had this done on your home, you should definitely look into having a professional duct cleaning done as the likelihood of significant dust buildup is increased.