There are many types of air conditioning units. As a homeowner, it may get difficult to decide which air conditioning unit is right for you and your family. We are here to help make this decision a little easier. Below are some of the pros and cons of several popular air conditioning units.
- Pros: Window units come in various sizes. They are available for cooling only, or for heating and cooling. They are simple to have installed. Window units are very affordable.
- Cons: Window units are excellent at cooling the room with the AC unit in it but become less efficient for surrounding areas.
- Pros: Portable units are easily moved from one room to another. These AC units are affordable. They can be used for just cooling, or for heating and cooling. Portable units can be purchased in various BTUs.
- Cons: You will need to purchase multiple units if you want to cool an entire home. These units are on casters to help you move them more easily. If you have carpet it may be a little difficult to move.
Mini – Split Air Conditioner (Ductless)
- Pros: You will save money at installation because there are no ducts to be installed. Each AC unit can be individually controlled.
- Cons: Some systems, especially if you need multiple units, can be expensive.
Central Air Conditioning
- Pros: You can cool an entire home with one central air conditioner. They will turn off and on as needed to maintain a set temperature. Central Air conditioners are simple to use and do not require moving AC units around or using up a window to get your home cooled.
- Cons: There will be an expense for the AC unit, ductwork, and installation.
No matter which air conditioner units you choose, we are happy to help you purchase and install it. Here at Air Assault Air Conditioning & Heating, we are experts at air condition and are ready to help you in any way we can.