AC units are expensive, but they’re an investment that is well worth the payout. Living here in Florida, it is basically a necessity to have your AC unit working and in good condition. You most likely need your system to be operating in prime condition year-round, otherwise you’ll experience a lot of discomfort.
Here are our recommendations for ways to extend the lifespan of your AC unit and get the most out of your investment:
1. Get a technologically-advanced thermostat that can be programmed to certain temperatures for specific times of day. This will keep your unit from working any harder than is necessary.
2. Get professional inspections and repairs on a regular basis. Getting issues resolved quickly will keep your unit functioning well all the time.
3. Clean your unit, so that it can be kept clear of dirt and debris that could lead to issues with running correctly.
4. Check the airflow regularly to ensure that it is unobstructed and that your unit is not having to work harder than it should.
5. Ensure that the unit you have installed is the right size for cooling the square footage of your home. Having one that is too small, or even too large, means that it will not run as efficiently as it could.
By following these suggestions, you’ll save yourself money over time and enjoy the comforts of an AC unit that is consistently providing you with cold air when you need it most. Just giving your cooling system some basic care will go a long way towards helping it last a long while!